- Perry Township, PA – A fire that damaged a home near Punxsutawney has been ruled as arson. A home along Harper Road in Perry Township caught fire around 9:30 yesterday morning. The State Police Fire Marshal has determined that the fire was intentionally set, but they’re still investigating who caused …Read More »
- Kersey, PA – Half a year after the collapse at a landfill that killed a DuBois man, OSHA is penalizing the company for safety violations. The owner of the Greentree Landfill, Advanced Disposal, was given a $12,675 penalty. The report says that the company knew there were signs that the …Read More »
- Sykesville, PA – Another former Sykesville Borough employee has filed a civil complaint for work discrimination. 53-year-old Terry Frantz of Lutherburg was a supervisor in Sykesville’s maintenance and street department. He claims he was harassed, treated differently, and finally forced to resign in March because of his age. Two other …Read More »
- Harrisburg, PA – Educators are giving Gov. Tom Wolf high marks for announcing he’ll reduce classroom time spent on standardized tests. The governor announced Monday that he plans to cut the time students spend taking the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment, or PSSAs, by 20 percent for grades three through …Read More »
- DuBois, PA – After more than a week of water running yellow or brown in the City of DuBois, the water is starting to turn clear again. City workers treated the reservoir to remove excess manganese, which was causing the discolored water. Although the water did smell, taste and look …Read More »
The numbers drawn were 9, 15, 43, 60, 64. The Powerball was 4.
Descendants of Confederate Civil War leaders Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson and Jefferson Davi...
Lisa Theris was found naked and ill along an Alabama highway last Saturday.