- This event has passed.
DONATE BOOKS TO INMATES IN LOCAL JAILS
November 1, 2017 @ 8:00 am - December 8, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Help give back to your community by donating a paperback book to the Jefferson and Elk County jail system. A book allows inmates to grow socially, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Headwaters Charitable Trust is a nonprofit organization that promotes a green economy through jobs, restoration, and partnerships. The organization’s vision is to increase the quality of life of rural communities through investments that encourage families to live, work, and play in the region. Headwaters Charitable Trust found a need in our local jails for library enhancement. This allow the inmates to stay well-read for when they are released.
The book drive is for helping the inmates in our local jails. All the books are required to be paperback. We are looking for all genres of books: fiction, non-fiction, technical, educational, and more.
The launch date is October 27th, 2017. On December 8th, 2017, the books will be picked up to be delivered. These would be nice presents for them to receive around the holidays.
There are several drop off locations that the books can be taken to and they are as follows:
- The Family Dollar in Weedville: 18429 Bennetts Valley Highway
- Save-A-Lot in St. Marys: 398 Brusselles Street
- Northwest Bank in Johnsonburg: 410 Wilcox Road
- Work Force Solutions in Kersey: 425 Old Kersey Road
- Martino’s Bi-Lo in Brockway: 1200 Main Street
- Shop’n Save in Punxsutawney: 201 Hampton Avenue
- Mike’s Super Market in Brookville: 53 West Taylor Street
- Dollar General in Ridgway: 249 Main Street